Northwest Chapter ASSE 2017 Scholarship Program
Multiple Scholarships totaling $4000 available for students pursuing a graduate degree, Master of Science in Risk Control, at University of Wisconsin-Stout, Master of Environmental Health & Safety, at the University of Minnesota-Duluth or Master or Doctorate in Public Health or an Occupational Safety, Health or Environmental field of study at the University of MN.
Due dates for your application to be considered are as follows:
- US Postal Users must have their application postmarked by March 8, 2017
- Last minute filers must deliver their application in person or as a PDF file via email no later than 4:30 pm CDT on Friday March 10, 2017.
Email users note…
It is not 100% certain that your email will successfully make it to your intended addressee. Please consider using the US Postal system.
Scholarship recipients will be honored at the ASSE Northwest Chapter meeting in April.
Criteria for 2017 Scholarship Awards
- Incomplete or late applications will be disqualified.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time, and plan to graduate in May 2017 or later to be eligible for this award.
- Previous recipients of Northwest Chapter ASSE scholarship awards are not eligible.
- Applicants must complete Section I of the application form, and attach a Scholarship Award Essay.
- Applicants must attach a current résumé to the scholarship award application.
- Applicants must submit transcripts from completed graduate courses and undergraduate degree programs. The transcripts must:
- Verify good academic standing.
- Verify overall graduate GPA of at least 3.25 out of a 4.0 system for all graduate courses completed.
- Verify undergraduate degree completion and an overall undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 out of a 4.0 system.
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted by following ASSE’s Code of Professional Conduct
- Section II of the application form and a reference letter from a university program faculty member must accompany scholarship application. The letter must:
- Include verification of official enrollment in an occupational safety & health or closely related field.
- Verify 6 current semester hours or more.
- Eligibility for all Northwest Chapter ASSE scholarships requires a current ASSE student membership that costs $15 per year. To apply for membership, contact ASSE’s Customer Service department at 847-699-2929 or visit ASSE’s web site at www.asse.org and click to join.
Send your completed applications to:
Minnesota Safety Council
Attn: Mr. Cary Swenson
474 Concordia Ave
St. Paul, MN 55103
Email Option :
The Northwest Chapter ASSE Scholarship Award & Selection Committee will review all applications. Scholarship award winners will be notified by early April, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Tim Flint at 763-528-8422 or Scholarship@northwest.asse.org